Thinking about IT Business Partnering?
“IT rarely works as a partner with the business, but most executives believe it should”
Partnering to shape the future, McKinsey 2016
Creating the IT Business Partner role (often called Business Relationship Management or BRM) in the organisation is a significant step forward, but it has to be based on the right assumptions and diagnosis. What challenge is the role going to address? What are the critical success factors and are they in place?
We will help you avoid the expense and risk of failure by reviewing the business case for the role and identifying those next steps that will ensure your initiative will get the recognition and success it deserves!
Are you ready?
- Working with you, the CIO, and your direct reports, we start from first principles and assess the organisation's state of readiness.
- We make explicit those challenges the organisation is facing and we then ask the question "Can IT Business Partnering add value?"
- We believe that real value to the business is increased competitive advantage and that is through IT-Business Alignment.
- We show that this can only be delivered when the organisation is acting in a strategic capacity.
- We look at the personal competences involved in being a strategic partner to understand existing strengths in the organisation.
The rationale: Validate your assumptions and diagnose the problem to solve!
Jon led an IT Business Partner overview workshop with the senior IT management team and I. I was impressed by the depth of insight provided by the exercises and the good mix between hands-on, theory and practical content. Jon has a in-depth level of knowledge and expertise on Business Partnering. The information and toolsets we came away with has helped clarify our thinking on the application of the BP role within the organisation.Neils Schoon, Head of IT, Astra Zeneca
Avoid costly pitfalls
Identify barriers and risks
Describe how IT Business Partnering adds value in your organisation
The role of IT Business Partner
The organisation need
Organisation Partner Maturity
A half day senior management workshop to answer the fundamental questions of IT Business Partnering.
What you'll get:
- Organisation Partner Maturity assessment.
- Competency Assessment.
- Latest research and insight into the IT Business Partner role.
- Rationale and mandate for the IT Business Partner role in your organisation.
- Actionable plan.
What we bring:
- Significant industrial and consulting experience in the realm of IT Business Partnerships.
IT Business Partner Cue CardDownload
Use this cue card to engage your business stakeholders on what their perspective and expectations are of IT. This can help curate the messages required to establish the role of the IT Business Partner
IT as a Business PartnerDownload
Written as a report from the BCS Elite Seminar, this shows how IT can become a credible IT Business Partner