The Starting Point in the Journey to Alignment Through Building Trust and Influence
Trouble persuading the developers to adopt the roadmap you've painstakingly put together?
How about gaining support for a business case you have been putting together? It's been sent back again with yet another request for more information...
How about being asked at the last minute about a critical change to the software that supports a new (unheard of) customer feature?
Lastly, are you consulted as part of the decision-making process on business plans or are you told that you just need to support them?
"Our stakeholders have started to trust us more based on better expectation management and small incremental improvements through the application of principles and approaches taught on the workshops by Baxter Thompson Associates. Fantastic insight!"Sarah Fogg, Head of IT BRM, Royal Hollaway University
Trust is the measure of a relationship and we unlock the code that enables trust to flourish in an organisation. The code is "VITAR" TM:
- Value Proposition - Stating what's important to your audience and how you can help
- Influence - Understanding how to influence through communication techniques
- Trust - Building credibility and empathy, managing ego to then manage politics
- Alignment - ensuring values, principles and understanding are "on the same page"
- Relationships - managing the portfolio, managing stakeholder expectations and coming up with a relationship plan for your value proposition.
Benefits of applying relationship techniques:
Become a Trusted Advisor
Early and Senior Engagement
Benefits of applying the workshop techniques:
- Position your team towards this TRUSTED goal
- Recognise the fundamental principles
- Check-in with your influencing behaviours
- Understand AND practice "soft skills"
- Manage expectations consistently
- Adjust your style of engagement
- Start with your audience's challenges in mind
Early and Senior Engagement
- Access Decision Makers earlier in the evolution of ideas based on trust and credibility
- Inspire confidence to deal with Senior Stakeholders
- Best practices for enabling relationship management
- Clarify a colleague's contribution
- Hold people to account
Relationship Portfolio Management
"We've seen a significant uplift in sales with our existing clients due a more structured approach and better, closer engagement inspired by Relationship and Value Management taught by Baxter Thompson Associates. Definitely recommended."Craig Parks, Managing Director, Informed IT
Sample Video from our Training Course
This video comes from the section Overview / "Fundamentals".
What You'll Get:
What We Bring:
Approach oriented towards business outcomes
Tools you can use
Practice in the techniques
Illustrative case studies
Opportunity to stand back and reflect on personal as well as team performance
Through research and application
How to apply the techniques with your current challenges (you're not alone)
Years of experience
Managing people and technology in corporate settings.
Group webinars facilitated live with an expert.