The 5 Competencies
The vision of digital / IT in the business, the long term plans that support it and the skills to identify the opportunity and threats.
The ability to identify required changes to technology, people and processes and prepare the organisation for the transition.
Identifying key stakeholders, establishing strong working relationships and working to a plan.
Closing the gap between the business outcomes and the technology enablers.
Defining the portfolio of initiatives and making effective decisions to reflect the strategy .
The Personal Traits
- Future focused, outward looking
- Trend assessor
- Enquiry - challenge assumptions and beliefs
- Abstract thinker
- Big picture
- People oriented
- Open minded
- Personable & friendly
- Has impact and influence
- Assertive – holds stakeholders to account
- Completer - finisher
- Impartial and fact based
- Enquiry: challenge outcomes and method
- Focused on the corporate agenda
- Systems thinker
- Detail & process oriented
- Analytical thinker
- Judgement and awareness for level of granularity required
- Market research
- Leading prototyping activities
- Capability heat mapping and planning
- Strategy definition and communication
- Change enablement
- Assessing change impact
- Project scoping
- Programme scoping
- Stakeholder mapping
- Network building
- Basic influencing skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Formal communications
- Expectation management
- Apply business case best practice
- Feasibility study
- KPI definition
- Value forecasting and planning
- Value measurement
- Basic Continuous Improvement
- Demand and capacity management
- Governance management
- Portfolio management
- Finance analysis
- Supplier enrollment
Baxter Thompson Associates can help you improve these in-house competencies by profiling the skills and behaviours across the department. We can then provide the necessary, pre-requisite training that will help the BRM deliver these capabilities across your organisation in a consistent manner.
Book an appointment below and talk to us!
What questions do you have about BRM Competencies?
How can we help provide insight on your particular challenges?